Competition: The Face-off
Do you ever get the feeling that you’re being watched? Are there any objects with faces in your home that you are particularly proud of? Scary, beautiful, intriguing, striking, ugly; whatever they are, we want to see them! Face-off the rest of the competition and give your object a spectacular face lift high on RAMM’s walls as part of Bedwyr Williams’ foyer of faces.
All you need to do is send us your best image of a human (or human-like) face featured on an object in your own home. The judge will need to view it in its full glory, so make sure the photograph is of good quality and taken head on, looking straight ahead. The photograph cannot be of a real human’s face and must be something easily transportable to RAMM.
Renowned artist Bedwyr Williams will personally select the winning face to display amongst his artwork. RAMM will then take a professional photograph of the winning object and add it to Williams’ foyer of faces. An invitation to the exclusive launch of the new artwork will be given to the winner and a guest where they will get to meet Bedwyr Williams in person. A digital copy of the photograph will also be theirs to keep and enjoy. To enter, simply take your photograph and upload it via the submission form at the bottom of this page.
Can you face up to the challenge?
For more information on Bedwyr Williams’ art commission click here
This competition is now CLOSED. Congratulations to Mr. Daniel Dickens! His object was personally selected by Bedwyr Williams as the winner. Look out for our up-coming news item for more information.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- All information detailing how to enter this competition form part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
- The face-off competition opens on the Monday 16 April. The competition is open to anyone of any age except for employees of the Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery (and their families), and the family and friends of Bedwyr Williams.
- Entries are free and entrants can make multiple entries.
- Entrants must have access to the internet. Entries should be submitted via the form at the bottom of this page.
- We are unable to accept entries via any other channels. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost or delayed due to computer error in transit. Entrants will be asked to provide their contact details and preferred method of contact.
- All entries must be made before the closing date at midnight on Thursday 31 May 2018. Any entries made after this time will be considered void.
- The photograph must be of a human or human-like face on an object or item in the entrant’s own home. The photograph cannot be of a real human’s face. The photograph cannot be taken from objects or items which are subject to copyright. The photograph must be taken head on, looking straight ahead with eyes-front. The object or item must be transportable to RAMM to be professionally photographed. Images that do not fit the image specifications will not be valid and deemed void.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- There will be one winning image anonymously selected by the artist Bedwyr Williams. The winning object will be professionally photographed at RAMM during the week commencing 11 June 2018. The photograph will feature in Bedwyr Williams’ artwork in RAMM. The winner (and one guest) will be invited to the launch event and to meet the artist Bedwyr Williams. The winner will get a digital copy of the professional photograph. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is subject to availability.
- The winner will be announced on RAMM’s website on Friday 8 June 2018 and contacted via their preferred means of communication. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted RAMM reserves the right to void the win and offer the prize to a second choice chosen by the artist Bedwyr Williams.
- The winner is responsible for transporting the object to RAMM to be professionally photographed, and any expenses this may incur. The winner is responsible for the expenses required to attend the launch.
- RAMM will own the copyright of the professionally photographed image and may feature it in their publications, website, publicity and/or any promotional material.
- Failure to provide the physical object or item at RAMM during the week commencing 11 June 2018 to be professionally photographed will result in the forfeiture of the prize. In this event, RAMM reserves the right to void the win and offer the prize to a second choice chosen by the artist Bedwyr Williams.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph and photograph of their item or object and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by RAMM relating to any post-winning publicity.
- The decision of Bedwyr Williams is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and subjective opinion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Unless indicated that you wish to receive RAMM’s newsletter, we will store your data until Monday 2 July 2018 where it will then be deleted.
- The promoter is the Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, Queen St, Exeter EX4 3RX.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail