Exhibiting with RAMM
RAMM receives a great many proposals, from across the UK and overseas and every one is discussed by the team. This process takes time and means we are not able to accommodate every artist or exhibition idea. This page is a guide for those interested in exhibiting at RAMM.
Background to programming
RAMM’s exhibition programme is committed two years or more in advance. As a public museum and art gallery our temporary exhibitions cover all disciplines, including antiquities, art, natural history and world cultures. RAMM also has a commitment to present changing displays of the museum’s collection of over one million objects. Some exhibitions have been in planning for several years, often in partnership with many other organisations.
RAMM’s exhibition programme is now complete for 2018 and 2019. There is limited availability for 2020. Given these circumstances, we are not in a position to accept any new exhibition proposals until January 2019.
Please try to keep proposals to 400 words or less or approximately two sides of A4 and include the following information:
- Project / exhibition title
- Content outline of the exhibition, anticipated audience and any ideas for learning/event opportunities.
- A description of how your proposal meets the guiding principles.
- An idea of what audiences would be interested in seeing the exhibition.
- Please enclose no more than 10 images and supporting leaflets. These should be emailed, in hard copy or on disc (CD). Please note we cannot accept USB sticks.
- Indicate the approximate size of your exhibition (linear metres / feet, or approximate floor area) including space for interpretive material.
- Indicate how many items or works you are proposing to exhibit, an indication of the average size of each work and whether you require display cases for any material.
- Dates (if touring – available dates, bearing in mind our existing commitments are up to two years ahead).
- Project funding sources and costs (including details of funding applications) and any partners involved in the project.