Volunteering is a great way to get involved with RAMM – you can share your knowledge, learn new skills and meet new people. Volunteers range from university students who wish to gain some valuable experience, those between roles looking to diversify their skills to retired or part-time workers who wish to see their talents being put to a worthwhile cause. Our available volunteer roles change frequently so please keep an eye on this page.
To volunteer at RAMM you must be at least 18 years of age. If you are 15 to 17 years of age you may wish to consider one of our Work Experience opportunities. Below you will find a list of our current volunteer opportunities. Click on the title of each opportunity to read a more in-depth role profile. If you find an opportunity that interests you then please apply immediately by completing an application form.
Volunteer Opportunities (closing date Wed 17 July midnight)
- AD0002 Marketing Volunteer
- AD0021 Visitor Relationship Data Input Volunteers
- AD0017 Visitor Survey and Membership Volunteers
- DM0004 Digital Collections CGI Images Volunteer
- SC0002/3 Roman and WWII Activity Volunteers for Schools*
* Starting in the autumn, but recruiting now
How to Apply
If you spot a role above that interests you then please complete our Online Application Form alternatively you can download and complete the MS Word Volunteer Application Form v2.0 and return it to us as an email attachment. If you wish to hand-write your application then please download and print the PDF Volunteer Application Form v2.0.
How we support volunteers
- A full time professional volunteer coordinator
- Experienced volunteer supervisors
- Out of pocket travel expenses for people who feel they are in need of financial support to enable them to volunteer
- Invitations to special events
- Regular newsletters
Come and join an enthusiastic team!
No volunteering roles currently of interest to you?
If none of our currently advertised volunteer opportunities are of interest to you and you would like us to hold your details on our database, so that we may contact you in the future about suitable opportunities, please complete the enquiry form. If you wish to apply for a role advertised on this page then complete the online application form, please do not complete the enquiry form.