Wanted - Priory guides
Do you enjoy Medieval and Tudor history and can share your enthusiasm?
If so this may be the opportunity for you. We are looking for guides to help visitors to St Nicholas Priory get as much from their visit as possible on Saturdays and during Devon term times between Easter and October. Full details below…
- Meeting and greeting
- Helping visitors by providing information about the rooms
- Security and light housekeeping
- Assisting with special events
- Providing support to Front of House staff
Essential requirements for the role
- An interest in history - We are looking for people willing to learn about Exeter’s Medieval and Tudor history, and about how this site reflects that history.
- Good People Skills - We are looking for people who are sensitive to visitors’ needs and who are happy talking to the public or giving tours.
- Flexibility - We do need people who can be flexible about where they work on the site. We also need a certain amount of flexibility for rota cover.
What you will gain
- Meeting new people
- Learn new skills and improve knowledge of Exeter’s history
- Expenses up to £10 a day paid
- Opportunity to work as part of the museum team
- Free tea and coffee
- Invitations to special events
- Free admission to St Nicholas Priory when not on duty
The Priory is open from the Easter holidays to Autumn half term each year.
The Priory is only partially accessible
Next training day end of March
How to apply: If you are interested in this role, complete the volunteer application form