Museums and Galleries
Partnerships with many of the country’s leading museums and galleries have enabled RAMM to have an exciting programme of temporary exhibitions. With four newly-refurbished, high-specification exhibition galleries, RAMM can now bring an even wider variety of national touring exhibitions to the South West.
Past loans and touring exhibitions
- Warriors of the Plains: 200 years of Native North American honour and ritual – a British Museum Tour with additional objects from RAMM’s world cultures collection (2012)
- Selling Dreams: One hundred Years of Fashion Photography – from the Victoria and Albert Museum, London (2012)
- Fenton & Cameron: Early British Photographs from the Royal Collection (2011).
- Into the Light: French and British painting from Impressionism to the early 1920s – organised by RAMM with loans from Aberdeen Museum, Ashmolean Museum, Barber Institute, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Bristol Museum, The British Museum, The Courtauld Institute of Art, The Fitzwilliam Museum, The Huntarian, The Laing, National Galleries of Scotland, The National Gallery, National Maritime Museum, National Museum of Wales, Penlee House, Plymouth Museum & Art Gallery, Tate (2011)
- Ten drawings by Leonardo Da Vinci from The Royal Collection (2006)
- Must Have Toys – from the V&A Museum of Childhood (2006)
- Sea Monsters (walking with dinosaurs) 2006 (BBC)
- Across the Board – a British Museum Tour featuring the Lewis Chessmen (2005)
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year – from the Natural History Museum, London (2004 & 2006)
- Holcombe Mirror – a loan from The British Museum (2004/05)
- The Portrait Award – organised by the National Portrait Gallery (2004 & 2013)
- Visions of the Golden Land; Burma and the Art of Lacquer – a British Museum Tour with additional objects from RAMM’s world cultures collection (2002)
RAMM in turn commonly lends works of art and objects to other museums and galleries both nationally and internationally.