Jacqui Channon, Events Co-ordinator
I work mostly with corporate clients and private individuals who want to hold an event or a function somewhere quirky – usually they’ve been to every hotel in Exeter and are keen to find a new dimension to entertaining clients or friends.
How I ended up at RAMM
After 15 years working in the cultural heritage sector (the majority of it with the National Trust) I saw the post advertised on Exeter City Council’s website and just knew it was the job for me
Best part of my job
Running a large number of events that are totally diverse. We are basically happy to consider anything that anyone wants to throw at us, as long as it doesn’t pose a threat to our collections. We can host drinks and canape parties, conferences (large and small), seminar days and have an amazing gallery that we use for private dining. We also host concerts and hire out galleries to organisations looking for unique venues – so life is never dull
A funny thing happened…
They happen all the time, especially late at night when everyone’s tired and they’ve had a long day. Somehow things do seem funnier then…
What I like about RAMM
- Picking a new object to study every day on the way to my office at the back of the museum
- Being part of the buzz of setting up for an event and then stepping back and seeing all the guests really enjoying themselves
- Gerald, of course (doesn’t everyone…?)
- The objects from the Upton Pyne Barrows. I drive past the Barrows twice a day and often visit the cremation urn and child’s bracelet that were excavated from them and are now in our local history gallery
- The dogs tooth currency band in the world cultures gallery
If you see me in the museum, ask me….
If I’d like a cappuccino or a quiet place for yoga