Volunteering is a great way to get involved with RAMM – you can share your knowledge, learn new skills and meet new people. Volunteers range from university students who wish to gain some valuable experience, those between roles looking to diversify their skills to retired or part-time workers who wish to see their talents being put to a worthwhile cause. Our available volunteer roles change frequently so please keep an eye on this page.
To volunteer at RAMM you must be at least 18 years of age. If you are 15 to 17 years of age you may wish to consider one of our Work Experience opportunities. Below you will find a list of our current volunteer opportunities. Click on the title of each opportunity to read a more in-depth role profile. If you find an opportunity that interests you then please apply immediately by completing the application form below.
How to Apply
If you spot a role that interests you then please download and complete the MS Word Volunteer Application Form v2.0 . If you do not have Microsoft Word on your computer please download and print the PDF Volunteer Application Form v2.0.
Volunteer Opportunities (closing date Mon 27 May midnight)
- AD0017 Visitor Survey and Membership Volunteers
- FH0029 Nomads and Birds without Borders Exhibitions Guides*
- IN0003 Archaeology Handling and Interpretation Guides
- LN0012 Summer Family Activities Volunteers*
- SC0002/3 Roman and WWII Activity Volunteers for Schools
* Suitable for summer student opportunities
How we support volunteers
- A full time professional volunteer coordinator
- Experienced volunteer supervisors
- Out of pocket travel expenses for people who feel they are in need of financial support to enable them to volunteer
- Invitations to special events
- Regular newsletters
Come and join an enthusiastic team!
No volunteering roles currently of interest to you?
If none of our currently advertised volunteer opportunities are of interest to you and you would like us to hold your details on our database, so that we may contact you in the future about suitable opportunities, please complete the Volunteer Enquiry form.